Numbers From LA Program
Other Positive Outcomes of the Program
Engages New Families
- Families who would not otherwise sign up to foster or adopt with the local government agency
- Families who want to move more slowly can do so and stay involved via program events and hosting
- Social workers experience older kids finding permanent families
- Kids experience improved self-esteem and academic performance
These successes lead to more stable placements
Empowers the Kids
- Kids have a choice. They are matched with a host by mutual consent which has a much greater potential for success.
- Success is possible without adoption as many hosts evolve into long-term mentors.
Saves Gov’t Money
- From 2006 through 2012 Los Angeles County realized $3.2 million in cost savings in foster care per diems and social worker time.